Amish Whoopie Pie Recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 cups flour
1 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour milk
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup hot water
1. Cream shortening,sugar. Add eggs.
2. sift together flour,cocoa, salt
3. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
4. Add vanilla and dissolve soda in hot water and add last. Mix well.
5. drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 for 8-20 minutes
6. let cool and then fill with whoopie pie filling or your own cream filling