RECIPE IN A JAR -----------GIFT IDEAS
STRAWBERRY OAT BARS MIX
2 1/4 cups uncooked quick oats
1 cup-all purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Layer ingredients attractively in any order in 1 - qt food storage jar with tight fitting lid. Pack ingredients down slightly before adding another layer.
2. Cover top of jar with fabric; and attach gift tag with raffia or ribbon.
1 cup butter softened
1 jar strawberry Oat Bar Mix from jar
1 can (21 ounces) strawberry pie filling
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/ Preheat oven to 375'F
2. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth,Add bar cookie mix to butter; beat until blended and crumbly.
3. Press 2/3 of crumb mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes; let cool 5 minutes on a wire rack.
4. Place pie filling in food processor or mixture and mix til smooth. Stir in almond extract.
5. Pour filling mixture over crust. Sprinkle remainng crumb mixture evenly over filling.
Return pan to oven; bake 20 - 25 mintues or until topping is golden and filling is slightly bubbly.
Cool completely on wire rack.
makes 2 1/2 dozen bars